Monday, April 19, 2010

Stitches and Sparkles


This is a card I whipped out after I bought my new Copics! Yes, I broke down and bought some! I have 24 now, and I can see where they are an addiction! I need more! lol

So I colored this butterfly from the Stampin' Up set Winged Things with my Copics. I added some glitter to all the yellow parts on the wings. On the background I heat embossed the flourish from Stampin' Up set Doodle This, one of my all time favorite sets. After heat embossing I brayered it with a light yellow ink. I added the blue panels and then used my sewing machine to stitch the edges of them, popped up the image on the front, added some orange rhinestones from my stash and voila! A stitchy, sparkly card!




I added this card to the following challenges:

Allsorts Challenge - In stitches
ABC Challenge - S is for Sparkle
Crafty Pad - Stitching
Paper Sundaes - No People

I hope everyone enjoys their day! I will be visiting with friends and family today! Happy April Vacation!

10 comments:

  1. really cool stitching! I'm so glad you joined the Allsorts challenge with this and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes really great stitching, lovely butterfly.
    Thanks for taking part in my first ALLSORTS challenge.
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh lots of pretty colors on your butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at that butterfly!!!! Awesome job:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty! love the sparkles on the butterfly!
    Thanks for playing with Paper Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your butterfly is beautiful Kendra! Copics are addictive aren't they. I save my pennies and by a bunch at a time from Dick Blick's. They are the cheapest I have found. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Kendra - great stitching too. :)

    Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad. :)

    xxDebbie The Crafty Pad

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your new copics, yes they are addicting! Your colouring looks good, much better than my first few tries when I got my markers LOL! So glad you played along with us this week at Paper Sundaes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, super stitching. Thanks for joining in at The Crafty Pad


    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card! I love that sparkly butterfly and your fun stitching! Thank you so much for joining us at YNS!

    ReplyDelete