Thursday, March 4, 2010

Cooking It Up With Katie #12

Hello again! It sure has been a crafty week!

Over at the Cooking it Up With Katie blog she is challenging us to use the Decoupage/3D technique, some metal, and to add another current challenge to the mix. For my card I used the sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketch, and also the challenge from Totally Stampalicious blog to use black and white plus one other color.


I have used another House Mouse image....yes I didn't realize I had so many here! This little mouse was enjoying one too many strawberries, so my one other color is red! The sketch this time was a great one, so my card is actually made to fit a standard #10 envelope (think bills!). I stamped, colored and then used the Nestabilities circle and scallop to cut the image and the red mat. I then stamped and colored another of the same image and used my paper snips to cut out 2 strawberries and the mouse. I popped these two up in the same place on my finished image to make the 3D effect.


The two side panels are cut using a 2" square punch onto which I added the flourish from the Stampin' Up set Doodle This. Then I just had to use some red pearls and the library clips to jazz it up a bit! The ribbon and bow were added to finish off the sketch!

I hope you enjoyed the card, and don't forget to check out these great blogs and try your hand at their challenges!


5 comments:

  1. An unusual card size but I love it!
    The image is super cute and the red against the B & W works great!
    Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the long slim card - and the image is gorgeous.
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card turned out FABULOUS! That is one of my favorite house mouse images! Thanks so much for playing along with Totally Stampalicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You did a great job coloring this image!! Very cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is WONDERFUL!!! I absolutely LOVE that HM image and your layout is FANTASTIC!!! Thanks for playing along with Totally Stampalicious!

    ReplyDelete