Friday, January 15, 2010

Thinking of You Bookmark

Reading is another one of my passions, so just for kicks and giggles I decided to try my hand at making bookmarks. Believe it or not, it is a relatively simple endeavor! This fishing bookmark was my first attempt. A great idea for an accompaniment to a bookstore gift card. I used Stampin' Up Set Fly Fishing, stamped the main image on the bottom of the glossy white cardstock in Staz-On black ink. I find the Staz-On works really well for the glossy cardstock because it doesn't slide and smudge the image. I then stamped the sentiment on the top, and layered it with night of navy, and craft cardstock. I used my new crop-o-dile to add the eyelet on the top.

The inspiration for the color palette was part of a challenge from the Colour Create Challenge Blog to use Kraft, Blue, and White. So ladies here is my submission!

It also fits the Creative Inspirations Challenge #43. The challenge was to use new products you have bought or received as a gift. I used my new crop-o-dile! Thanks Mom!

Until next time, happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of You Bookmark. Kendra this bookmark looks so much better "in person". The glossy cardstock and Staz-On ink combines to make a totally professional finish. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a brilliant idea Kendra...beautiful...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete