Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Can't Wait for Spring!


Here is the card that I made for the Mojo Monday Blog Challenge 123, and the Cooking It Up With Katie challenge.

The card base is almost a mustard yellow. I overlaid that with a forest green paper, heat embossed with gold embossing powder. Next I used versa mark ink around the main image with the second flower. The stamp set I used was Stampin' Up's In Full Bloom. The white border on the front was punched with the Marvy butterfly punch and adhered to the front flap. Where the yellow and the white come together I glued a strip of gold patterned paper. It doesn't really show up well in the picture, but the butterflies have been glittered with diamond dust. I glued them to the card with the Ultimate glue and folded their wings a bit to make them look like they are flying off the page!



Mojo Monday is a great blog that has a challenge posted every Monday. It is a sketch challenge blog, meaning they post an image pattern that you need to follow to be considered for the prize. Click here to check out the sketch if you want to play along!

This card also qualifies for the Cooking It Up With Katie Challenge #9. The non human elements are the flowers and butterflies, the texture is the heat embossed flower and the glitter, and the butterfly punch is new! I had a great time with this challenge!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Kendra. Love the yellow and green - and it does hint of spring - which is hopefully not too too far away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendra,
    What an elegant card and I love the "flying" butterflies!
    It's great to see you at Cooking It Up With Katie and I hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete